Pages

Monday, September 28, 2009

Why God?

I know that the majority of us have asked this, "Why, God?" And if we haven't, well, most likely we will at some point in our lives. Maybe we don't always understand and trust God, but He doesn't ask us to understand everything. He asks us to follow His will for our lives and trust Him.

I think it was like in April, my dad lost his job. I was terrified. I had just got home from my flute lessons on a Thursday evening, and my mom brought me somewhere without any kids running around. She's was like, "I have something to tell you." I immediatly got really excited and exclaimed, "Are you pregnant?!!?" LOL. No. She laughed, especiall because Heidi was a really bad last baby, like she never slept, so neither of us could really imagine having another one so soon! "Then what??" You know that feeling you get when you are in suspense and waiting for an answer or something? One of those times where your best friend says, "I have something realllly important to tell you" and you can't tell whether it's going to be good or bad? The seconds seem like hours! Anyways, she was like, "Dad lost his job." I felt like I was stabbed in the heart. My mouth dropped open. This was the last thing I ever expected. "What's going to happen to us?" I barely whispered. "God will take care of us." my mom said encouragingly. I tried so hard to make it seem like it wasn't a huge deal, and didn't want anyone to know how I was feeling. We talked a little more of what I can't really remember, and then I ran to the shower. Once the door was closed, I exploded. "Why, God? God, what's going to happen to us? Why would You do something like this?" I cried and cried and cried and was scared to death, trying to think of something I could do to help, only finding that I couldn't. "Lord, You know that Dad needs a job! We have nine people in our family here! You don't understand!!" I was so hurt and angry, and I felt so betrayed. I wasn't allowed to tell anyone the first couple days. You want to know how hard it is to have the worst thing happen in your life and not be aloud to run to your friends with it all? Next to impossible. Anyways, my dad looked like his best friend had died for at least the next two weeks. It was all different. I couldn't understand until later.

A couple weeks later, I finally decided that I needed to just trust God because there was nothing I could do. With some friends encouragment, and the Lord speaking to me, I was able to put my trust fully in Him and know that He would work everything out and that He had a will for us. I became so much more closer to God than I ever had before, and I know many of us had.

Then, my mom told me that we might have to move to Oklahoma, if my dad couldn't find a job. Oh. My. Goodness. Oklahoma? Who has even ever heard of that state before? And you know how many times I heard the Oklahoma song after I told everyone that? Haha, too many!

I think it was two months he was out of a job. All through that, God was making me a better person and teaching me that He needed to rule my life. Then, praise the Lord, my dad found a job. I was estatic and my faith in God was so much stronger.[ Romans 8:28 "And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God] So. God did work out everything for good. We just need to trust Him and take Him at His Word.

Now, let's look at why we should trust God.

*God know every single thing and has a perfect plan for everyone's life. (Luke 12:7)

*God loves us and will never give us anything more than we can bear

*God works out everything for good.

*God gives us trials and sufferings to test and strengthen our faith. ["Dear brothers and sisters when troubles come your way, consider it an opportunity for great joy. For you know that when your faith is tested, your endurance has a chance to grow." - James 1:3&4]

*Mr. Neuman was my Bible teacher last year. (as well as this year.) He told us once when we were studying Habbukuk, "Trust God, because He is trustworthy."

The main idea: just trust God because He knows everything and will not let anything touch you without His permission. Just trust Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment