A post from Brittany Lee Ketter:
"This has been quite a year for me. It has been filled with decisions that would affect much of my future, hurts, losses, dreams and much more. I know that there are so many who are facing a lot of what I went through right now, or they may in the future. I’m sometimes known as the “seasons” girl. I write about them quite often. I am not talking about the seasons that you are thinking of. If I was, I’d pick summer because that’s my absolute favorite! But what I am talking about are seasons that we will find ourselves in – in our spiritual lives and even emotional lives.
Something I’ve learned is that we will all face seasons of aloneness. This is a rough season to go through, but God uses this season in such a powerful way if you let Him. It is so easy to focus on everyone not being there, or of your feeling alone even when people are around. But God has bigger plans for this season of aloneness and He wants you to focus on Him during that time. You are separated in such a way that he can work with you.
I've been through this season – in my opinion too often. But I am so thankful to God for it because of all the amazing things He has done in it. A few years ago, I hit the first season of aloneness. I didn’t have any close friends. Everyone was shallow and on the surface and I did not “fit in.” But God used that to bring me and another girl – who is now one of my dearest and closest friends – together. Before that, she was in the same season I was. We’ve grown together and have a greater understanding and knowing of each other that most do not have. For that I am very thankful.
I went through another season of aloneness where I was set apart. And when I was with my friends, I felt so out of place – alone in the midst of a crowd of people that still loved and cared about me. In this season I learned to come to God with everything, and that he sees and cares about the situations I’m in. God even cares about the little things. If His eye is on the sparrow, how much more will He be watching me?
Again this season hit, I was with my friends all the time, and still I felt so alone. I felt that no one could really understand, but God once again used that season to bring me closer to Him and to bring me through another struggle.
And once again this season hit – and it’s still in the works of fading now. A few months back my grandmother passed away. She was an amazing woman who had the biggest heart that I have ever witnessed. Two days after her passing, I went to Detroit with my friends for National Fine Arts – which I made it on for poetry and dance. That week was amazing to say the least! And my friends were there for me through every step of the way and I had a blast with them! Well, the week after that, after Nana’s memorial service, this season started to get colder. Grief takes time to work through. And the people that will really understand that are the ones who have already lost. The weeks following that were lonely and hard. And some days, they still are. But I heard this song - my friend actually sang it at Fine Arts this year and she made it to Nationals. It brought tears to my eyes because God really spoke to me through it. I’m not going to post all the lyrics, but I will include the video to the song. The chorus goes:
“You’re not alone for I am here
Let me wipe away your every fear
My love I’ve never left your side
I have seen you through the darkest night
And I’m the one who’s loved you all your life
All your life.”
I want to encourage you – if you are in a season of aloneness to look to God. He sees you and cares about the situation you’re in and He cares about what you are feeling. He is the one who will always be there and never leave. He loves you so much more than you can imagine. Let Him use this season to work in you. And take full advantage of this season to get closer to Him. He will never leave you. And even when it feels you are – you are not alone. He’s waiting for you to turn to Him.
You Are Not Alone - Click to hear the song and see the video.
"
No comments:
Post a Comment