Pages

Monday, October 11, 2010

When You Just Feel Alone....

She just always felt like the third wheel. All her best friends had either moved away, changed schools, or just stopped talking to her. At school she normally went to her locker alone. At church she just looked around at the other girls laughing with their best friends. She wished that could be her. She went home and checked her email and phone, and no one even bothered to talk to her. She just sighed and went to bed, feeling lonely....

Put your name in the "she's". Have you ever like no one cares about you or no one wants to hang out with you? Well, so have I. I mean, come on, I'm sure everyone has felt lonely at some point in their life. Who hasn't felt low and left out at some time? But here's the thing...There is no reason to feel that way. Let me tell you why.

Something hit me. The God of the Universe, the Creator of everything, the King of Kings wants to spend time with ME. He wants a close personal relationship with ME. That just amazes me. What amazes me more is my reaction to that. Half the time I just take that for granted and do nothing about it. I know God loves me and wants to spend time with me, but half the time I don't give it a second thought. I sit around pouting once in awhile on those days I feel lonely, but I don't stop to think that the God of the Universe can take my loneliness and throw it away and give me the most amazing personal relationship I've ever had.

What about those days where you realize all that, but you still wish you had someone right then to relate to and talk to?

1. Spend time with the Creator. He knows your pain, and He knows everything about your life. He knows every little detail about you, and He knows everything you're going through. He's always with you and will hear and forgive you every time you ask. You might not think that spending time with God will help you at all, but tell me that after you have brought everything on your heart to Him, spent time in His Word, and took the time to thank Him for what you do have.


2. Look around. Most likely, there are more people who are feeling the way you are right then. Just feeling sorry for yourself isn't right...it's actually pride. It's not all about how you feel- there are others in this world. A great way to stop feelings of loneliness is reaching out to others. Just look around you. Is there someone who usually sits alone at lunch? Is there someone who is just generally quiet and doesn't make friends easily because people don't bother to talk to people that barely talk back? Is there a person you see needs cheering up and a good friend right then? Reach out to them!


3. Spend time with others. Ever thought that maybe you feel alone and like you have no friends might be because you won't spend time with others? I mean like when people try to talk to you, you aren't really open or wanting to talk to them, or when people invite you to things you won't normally go just because you don't want to, or when everyone is talking in a group, you step out of the group and purposely disclude yourself? I've done that before, but it doesn't get you anywhere.


4. Be thankful for the people that are in your life. What about you family? Are you thankful for them? Do you take time out of what you want to do so you can spend time with them? Or how about your church family? Relatives? There are more people in your life than you know, and half the time we take them for granted. Don't. Be thankful for the people God puts in your life.


The next time you are tempted to feel lonely or like no one cares about what happens to you, go through these four things. Trust me, they will make a difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment