Pages

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Stories

Everybody has a story. Everyone has a journey they have taken - a road only they can travel. Our story makes us who we are. Your story may be different than mine. The journey I’ve taken and the road I am taking is what made me who I am and is making me who I will be.
          I  am one who believes that where I have been, my past, my history, who I was before , it may have brought me here, but it does not define me, although it is still part of my story. I believe in my story, but I have learned to not focus on what is behind --what is already written -- what road has already been walked. I have learned to look ahead. I cannot change what has already passed, but my future a head of me -- what will my story be? Will I achieve all that I dream of being and doing?
          Just like my story, my dreams may be different that yours., I do not dream of simple things, for that will not take me far. I do not need something right in front of me, I need something to reach for. My dreams may seem low to you, they might make you question “why?“ Or they might seem too far to reach. But what I want to do, what I dream to be, is my dreams. It is my story. I dream of being a published author, a conference speaker, a wife and mother in ministry. My dreams can seem lowly or they may seem unreachable or I may seem unqualified, but God equips the called.
          What is your story? Where has your journey taken you? How was the road that brought you to where you are? Who has walked with you on your journey. I’ve found that some people are only meant to walk with us for a time. Not everyone is going to walk with us every step of our journey, for they must walk their own road. But at times, our paths can cross with those of people who when walking with us for a piece of our journey, become the people we are closest too. Although they may not be there forever, no matter where we go in life, we always carry a little bit of each other everywhere.
          Our stories will be different. We come from different places. We will go to different places. Our road traveled will not be the same, although we may walk a bit of the journey together. But our goal should be the same -- to make Jesus known to all nations and to be a witness and further the Kingdom of God. Our goal should be to live the life that God has called us to. What will be your story?  

No comments:

Post a Comment