This is a song by Steven Curtis Chapman called "Angels Wish." As you read the words from this song, think about them! I'm not sure if it's possible to read these words without thinking about their meaning, however. :)
"Was God smiling when He spoke the word and made the world?
And did He cry about the flood?
What does God's voice sound like when He sings, when He's angry?
These are just a few things that the angels have on me.
Well, I can't fly at least not yet, I've got no halo on my head,
And I can't even start to picture heaven's beauty,
But I've been shown the Savior's love,
The Grace of God has raised me up,
To show me things the angels long to look into,
...And I know things the Angels only wish they knew.."
Right now, there are many, many angels in Heaven. They are surrounding God. They have been there since God created them. They've been around for some of the greatest events in time--the Flood, the parting of the Red Sea, the many miracles of Christ--and they've seen God acting and working. How amazing it would be to be an angel! Right now, they know and have seen so much more than I!

But this song made me realize that I know something that the angels don't. I've been in the "dark and desperate place, where sin can take you; I've felt loneliness and shame. But I have watched the blinding light of grace come breaking through with a sweetness only tasted by the forgiven and redeemed..." (verse two of the song). You'll agree with me that God's love and grace is an indescribably amazing thing, correct? Because it's important that you understand that in order to know what I'm talking about. I was once a dead sinner, rebelling against my Creator. Then my Creator sent His Son to die for me, so that I wouldn't have to die. Christ made me a new creation--alive in Him. Because of that, I can now live in Heaven. Angels know and have experienced so many things that I haven't. And I wish I have! But I know something angels don't know--God's story of grace. I know God's ultimate love and sacrifice for me. The angels know the story, but they are not sinners saved by grace. Just think about that---that Christ would leave His home with the angels and stoop down to the level of insignificant man just to die for them because of His grace and love! I know how it feels to be saved from death!
That's God story of grace and love. I know things that angels only wish they knew.
2 comments:
hi kristin! this is a great post, and i think your blog is really awesome! it's so pretty, and it's spot on! :) keep running the good race, girl! <3
Hey Carley! Thank you so much! I really miss you!!
Post a Comment