Saturday, I posted an article on some more names of Jesus that you don't hear or think about quite as often as Savior, Lord, or God. I also encourage you to share ones that really speak to you! But today, I'm going to post seven more names.
Here we go!
Jesus is...
~Beginning and the End: Revelation 22:13- "I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last." Before I was on this earth, before Adam and Eve, before the first blade of grass poked through the ground, before there even was a ground, there was a God. That God is the Creator of all that. God has always been here. God will always be here for all of eternity. My human brain cannot wrap around that concept. In fact, I don't think anyone can really understand eternity. But praise the Lord that He is the Alpha and Omega, the Beginning and the End! That fact just makes Him seem even more great and worship- worthy!
~Eternal Life: Normally when I think of Eternal Life, I think of something that is given to us by Jesus, or a "thing." I never really think of it as a person. But it's true! Jesus Christ is Eternal Life! We have no way to live forever in Heaven unless we first go through God's Son. It's all because of Jesus that we are/can be alive! 1 John 5:20 states, "And we know that the Son of God is come, and hath given us an understanding, that we may know him that is true, and we are in him that is true, even in his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God, and eternal life."
~I AM: in Hebrew, it's translated "Ehyeh". When Moses asked who he should say sent Him, God said to tell Pharoh that I AM sent him. John 8:58- "Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I AM." That's because He is. Is what? The Alpha and Omega, the Almighty Father, the Word, Eternal Life....everything that's good and holy. He just...is ![]()
~King of Kings: Think of a King all dressed in royal clothing. His people respect him and serve him. The King is great and powerful and no one on earth is over him. Now think of the King of Kings. He is even more majestic and powerful. He is above all other kings. This name is probably my favorite, (after Messiah
) Revelation 19:16 talks about this King of Kings. "And he hath on his vesture and on his thigh a name written, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS." This King of Kings is more worthy of respect and praise than any other person. No matter which president, which King- whoever we think is amazing- He is still worthy of more praise.
~El Shaddai: GOD ALMIGHTY! Genesis 17:1- "And when Abram was ninety years old and nine, the LORD appeared to Abram, and said unto him, I am the Almighty God; walk before me, and be thou perfect." God is all-powerful and soverign. He is almighty. He can do anything (except sin) and no one can do anything except with Him. He really is the Almighty God.
~Heavenly Father: We all have a physical father. But the our Father in Heaven is completely perfect and loving and perfect. I love that God allows us to call Him Father, Daddy, Abba. That's how close of a relationship He wants with us. "Take heed that ye do not your alms before men, to be seen of them: otherwise ye have no reward of your Father which is in heaven." -Matthew 6:1. I love that I have a perfect Father. Don't get me wrong, I love my earthly daddy. He is an amazing, godly man. But he isn't perfect, and he isn't with me every second of my life. But I do have a Father like that ![]()
~Teacher: John 11:28- "And after she had said this, she went back and called her sister Mary aside. 'The Teacher is here,' she said, 'and is asking for you.'" Ever feel like you have no one to turn to for help and advice? Been there...many times. That's not true though. We always have Jesus. He is the perfect Teacher. He is the best listener, has the best lifestyle, and is the best role model. I don't turn to Him as much as I should. But He teaches me when I have struggles, when things don;t go my way..all the time.
Okay, girls, now it's your turn. Share! ![]()
No comments:
Post a Comment