There's a growing trend of web pages dedicated to people posting short, one or two sentence long, lines of things they go through in life, or funny text messages they recieve, or like on "My Life Is Average" that sight is dedicated to funny one liners of clever things that happen in everyday life. There is one sight that is becoming very popular and it's the 'Gives me hope' website. It's awesome, I read them a lot and they're really inspiring and touching. There are lines about everyday real life people who do good deeds and don't even know that others are watching them. I'll post a few that I liked to give an example:
***Today my school had a fire drill.
I was standing outside with one of the most popular football players, when a Down Syndrome girl came up to him and wanted to hold his hand b/c she was scared.
Happily, he held her hand in front of all his friends back to class.
-His soft side in front of his boys gives me hope.
***My little sister came home from school one day and demanded I take her to the library so she could get books on sign language.
I asked why? She told me there was a new kid at school who was deaf and she wanted to befriend him.
Today, I stood beside her at their wedding watching her sign... “I DO”. -Their love gives me hope
***I am a third grade teacher.
Most kids come in with notes or messages written by their mothers in their lunch sacks.
One little girl's dad left, and her mother abuses drugs. But her 12 year old brother never fails to write "I love you" on her brown paper bag. -That boy gives me hope
A post from Emily Clos:
All right so I'll admit, those make me a little teary, and probably you too. But after I sat and read a few pages I began to see a theme of these things people were doing, and it's just that: THINGS that PEOPLE are doing. Don't get me wrong, the things people do in these scenarios are awesome and a lot more people should show kindness like that. But I was reading these and thinking about how sad it is that we live in a world where if someone holds the door for a handicapped person they get praise for doing that, but all the things Jesus did for us and all He gets to this day is jokes made about Him, and profanities mocking His very name. From the very same people who are astounded when you hold a door! It's very frustrating. Whether or not the world will ever understand what price Jesus paid is up to God, but as Christians we can't let ourselves forget how awesome what He did was. I think there should be a page that reads:
***I was a disgusting sinner, destined to die a never ending death in a painful misery called Hell. And then the God of the Universe sent His only child to be murdered in my place so that I don't have to suffer! I now am going to live in Heaven forever instead. -His love and power gives me hope
No comments:
Post a Comment